How To Become A Lawyer In West Virginia
Many individuals in West Virginia seek out a legal career. Fortunately for you, you have already found a resource that has started doing the work for you. Below we have listed out some of the basic requirements for becoming a lawyer in West Virginia. We also have listed out some of the more popular law school in the state actively accepting applications below.
It is required that an individual looking to become a lawyer in the state of West Virginia graduate from high school. 4 years of college is highly recommended and that individuals obtain their bachelors of science or bachelors of arts degree from a four year university. No specific pre law school classes are required or even suggested to increase your chances of getting accepted into a specific West Virginia law school.
Rules For Admission To West Virginia Law School
- Age of at least eighteen (18) years
- Good moral character and fitness;
- Graduation from an approved college or university with an A.B., B.S., or higher degree, or its equivalent;
- Graduation from an approved law school with an L.L.B., J.D., or its equivalent under Rule 3.0(b);
- Passing score on the West Virginia General Bar Examination or qualification under Rule 4.0,
- Passing score on the Multistate Professional Responsibility Examination within twenty-five months of achieving a passing score on the West Virginia Bar Examination or application for admission on motion. Any conviction for false swearing, perjury or any felony, and the applicant’s prior and subsequent conduct, shall be considered in the determination of good moral character and fitness.
Getting Accepted Into a West Virginia Law School.
Your grade point average in college and scores on the LSAT are the two major determining factors for admission to most law schools.
Popular Law Schools In The State Of West Virginia.
Below is a list to law schools in California actively accepting applications each year.
West Virginia University Law School
101 Law Center Dr PO Box 6130, Morgantown, WV 26506-6130
Phone: (304) 293-5301
Why Is Law School In West Virginia & The Bar Exam Necessary?
Without a license to practice law in Illinois, a person cannot give legal advice, represent persons in court, or handle many other legal matters.