In 2009 over 3000 individuals had passed the BAR exam. Will you become one of the next ones to pass the exam and embark on the journey of becoming a lawyer in the great state of New Jersey? Median wages in the state of NJ for lawyers is around $43.00 an hour which equates to a salary of well over $80,000.
Requirements In The state Of New Jersey To Become A Lawyer
• You must be at least 18 years old.
• You must receive a law degree from an ABA-accredited law school.
• You must qualify for and pass the New Jersey Bar Examination.
• You must receive a Certification of Character from the Committee on
• You must pass the Multistate Professional Responsibility Examination
or an approved course on ethics.
• You must take the Oath of Admission and sign the attorney’s roll.
Getting Accepted Into a New Jersey Law School.
Your grade point average in college and scores on the LSAT are the two major determining factors for admission to most law schools.
Popular Law Schools In The State Of New Jersey.
Below is a list to law schools in California actively accepting applications each year.
Rutgers University School of Law
217 North Fifth Street, Camden 08102
Phone: (856) 225-6375
Rutgers School of Law-Newark
123 Washington Street, Newark 07102
Phone: (973) 353-5561
Seton Hall University School of Law (SHU)
One Newark Center, Newark 07102
Phone: (888) 415-7271
Why Is Law School In New Jersey & The Bar Exam Necessary?
Without a license to practice law in Illinois, a person cannot give legal advice, represent persons in court, or handle many other legal matters.