How To Become A Lawyer In Massachusetts
Did you know that Massachusetts has only two law schools in the entire state? This is one fact that you will find out in the process of learning what it takes to become a lawyer in the state of Massachusetts.
Below are few bullet points outlining a top level description of what it takes to become a lawyer in Massachusetts.
- Acquire a degree from a four year university. No law schools specify a degree that is required. Your GPA will play a larger role then the type of degree you receive.
- Study and achieve a high score on the LSAT.
- Prepare your law school admission applications (need help? check out our FREE eBook)
- Enroll into law school.
- Receive passing marks in all law school courses.
- Build upon your legal experiences with part time jobs within the legal industry or through internships with legal professionals. (Optional).
- Study hard for the BAR exam. This will be your last hurdle before becoming an officially licensed attorney.
- Be sworn in as a lawyer able to practice law in the state of Massachusetts.
Getting Accepted Into a Massachusetts Law School.
Your grade point average in college and scores on the LSAT are the two major determining factors for admission to most law schools.
Popular Law Schools In The State Of Massachusetts.
Below is a list to law schools in California actively accepting applications each year.
University of Massachusetts Amherst Department of Legal Studies
418 North Pleasant Street, Amherst 01002-1735
Phone: (413) 545-0021
Massachusetts School of Law
500 Federal Street, Andover 01810
Phone: (978) 681-0800
Boston University School of Law
765 Commonwealth Avenue, Boston 02215
Phone: (617) 353.3100
New England School of Law
154 Stuart Street, Boston 02116
Phone: (617) 451-0010
Northeastern University School of Law
400 Huntington Avenue, Boston 02115
Phone: (617) 373-5149
Suffolk University Law School
120 Tremont Street, Boston 02108-4977
Phone: (617) 573-8000
Harvard Law School
1563 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138
Phone: (617) 495-1000
Fletcher School of Law & Diplomacy
160 Packard Avenue, Medford 02155-7082
Phone: (617) 627.3700
Boston College Law School
885 Centre Street, Newton 02459-1161
Phone: (617) 552-4340
Southern New England School of Law
333 Faunce Corner Road, North Dartmouth 02747
Phone: (508) 998-9600
Western New England College School of Law
1215 Wilbraham Road, Springfield 01119-2689
Phone: (413) 782-1525
Why Is Law School In Massachusetts & The Bar Exam Necessary?
Without a license to practice law in Illinois, a person cannot give legal advice, represent persons in court, or handle many other legal matters.